For U

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Michael suggests a sabbatical for Ralf

Michael Schumacher has suggested that his brother Ralf takes a sabbatical from F1 and re-evaluate his future.

The younger of the Schumachers left Toyota at the end of the 2007 season and is currently without a drive for the new season.

Although linked with teams at both ends of the grid, it seems unlikely that the 32-year-old will find a race seat.

Schumacher did test for Force India at Jerez, but his time in Spain was marred by errors and technical problems.

His sibling and seven-time World Champions believes that Ralf should be careful of joining a team near the back of the gird.

"I don't know all his options, but before he drives like he did yesterday it is better to think about if it makes sense to drive knowing you can only come last," Schumacher told Auto Motor und Sport.

"I think there are more reasonable, safer, wealthier and nicer options for him. I told him personally that there are so many nice things outside of F1. But I don't know all his options. There are other cockpits which are not taken, so he might see other options."

Schumacher recommended that his brother ought to consider taking a break from the sport.

"If he can get a good result then he should. He is able to bring good results and he is motivated to do so.

"But it is different for me. I would not be so motivated to race, and if it doesn't fit then maybe he should stop and have a break. He is young enough to stop, re-evaluate the situation and come back.

"I have to say my experience in coming back in Barcelona showed I did not have trouble coming back. I did not lose a bit, so he can do it too."

Source: http://www.planet-f1.com

Technorati tags :
| |